THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS
July 17, 2023
The regular meeting of the Board of Public Works was held on July 17, 2023, at 5:00 pm in the City Council Chambers. Those in attendance were President Brian Terry, Vice President David Ausmus, Board Member David Wilt, Board Member Scott Lucas, Assistant General Manager and Manager of Energy Resources Ben Stueve, Controller Jennifer McLeland, Mayor Anthony Petre, City Administrator Avis Marshall, and Councilwoman Cheryl Blaise.
President Brian Terry called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm.
- Approval of Minutes from Prior Board Meetings – Board Member David Wilt made a motion, seconded by Board Member Scott Lucas, to approve the minutes from the June 19, 2023, meeting as written. The motion carried with four votes for and none against.
Under old business:
- Natural Gas Adder Reimbursement – Mrs. McLeland shared the updated status on the natural gas adder reimbursements. Tyler Technologies responded that they are able to import the adjustments from the provided spreadsheet including all natural gas adder, franchise fees and sales tax amounts previously paid. The charge to import the adjustments would be a minimum of four hours at $250.00 per hour and is estimated to take six to eight weeks to complete. The Board agreed having Tyler Technologies import the adjustments was better than manual entry and would like management to proceed with Tyler Technologies implementing the adjustments. No votes were taken on the agenda item.
Under new business:
3. Review of Financials – June 2023 – Jennifer McLeland, Controller, shared that no fund had anything significant to note. Revenues in the electric, water and wastewater funds each realized a normal increase as warmer, drier summer weather arrived during the last billing cycle. Mrs. McLeland did not that in the electric fund the Spectrum remediation project at the former Toastmaster site has completed, they only have a jobsite trailed and a few pieces of equipment on site that they will have removed in the next 30 days.
4. Employee Retention & Recruitment – Mrs. McLeland shared that Wayne Bealmer accepted the Underground Facilities Supervisor position following Keith Carter’s official retirement notification. Management has posted and extended a job opening to fill Mr. Bealmer’s position as Underground Facilities Operator until Friday, July 28, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
5. Board of Public Works Member Reports – No additional reports.
6. Approval of Accounts Payable – Board members signed accounts payable without revision.
7. Set Next Regular Meeting – Monday, August 21, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
A motion was made by Vice President David Ausmus, seconded by Board Member Scott Lucas, to go into executive session regarding Personnel (RSMo.610.021(3)). The votes were as follows: President Brian Terry, yea; Vice President David Ausmus, yea; Board Member David Wilt, yea; and Board Member Scott Lucas, yea.
When the open meeting reconvened, at 5:35 pm a motion was made by Vice President David Ausmus made a motion, seconded by Board Member David Wilt, to adjourn the meeting. The motion passed with four votes for and none against.